Monday, April 21, 2014

The letter speaks for itself.


Dear You,

Congratulations on earning a spot in my blog! It hurts my pride to write this letter succeeding a wonderful letter addressed to my supposed future beloved in my past blog post but since I could not contain the outbursts of my emotions, consider yourself privileged.

I'll be honest, I'll be harsh in the next few lines and a lot of people that'd come across this post might view me differently after reading this. Sorry but this is my form of justice. Writing addressed to you and practically all the people who offended me or hurt me is my way of returning the favor.

But since I have enough pride in me, I am going to make sure I'll write this letter as objectively as possible. As much as I want to write all the bad words, mockery and ignorant terms used today in 4 paragraphs or more, what fun would that be?

Instead, I'll choose to hurt you with this one simple truth and better read it carefully,
"Remember that what people say to you is a reflection of who they are."

With that said, can you tell me who you are?


A friend once told me, "Choose your battles."
I'm not the type to express my anger through social media or publicly for that matter. My friends are aware of this. Just saying in case you use that against me.

I have been through fights, verbally & physically and I can humbly tell you, I am not the one to store hate in me.

If you can only open my drafts, there are a lot of posts left unpublished. It is because I'd like to let my blog clean from any negativity. But here we are, here I am writing this letter and publishing it. Why you ask?

You can insult me, with everything I am. With how I look, how I talk, my status or even the way I live.
I won't simply care.

BUT. to question me with my faith is beyond acceptable.
People like you makes me question the goodness in everybody.

What's between my God and I is something you can never fathom.
My relationship with my God is something you can never question.

You, questioning my faith, makes me question yours.
But I won't do that. I won't stoop down to your level.

There is only one reason why I serve and that is because I LOVE GOD.


What is then your intention for yours?

I have kept mum for so long. There are so many distracting, pointless, and shallow issues within the church.
It's not something I can change and it's not something I can control. That's why I let it pass and I let it go.

It's disappointing to know there are people like you who carelessly make remarks and opinions about things you know nothing of. You're just simply disappointing. I shake my head whenever I think of people like you.

It amazes me even that you can make that kind of remarks to my very own mother.

As much as I want to forgive you, it would be too pretentious to say I already have.
But again, this is my own form of justice.
After the last character in this letter, I would let this go.

This is a sarcastic "thank you!", for making me aware and be cautious of people like you.

Sincerely,

Patch





No comments:

Post a Comment