Friday, July 11, 2014

“Where I would like to be career-wise 10 years from now”



Just wanted to share this, just a short essay for a subject (which I forgot) last year:

A decade is actually not too long. It can pass by in a blink of an eye. If you don’t use it wisely therefore, you would have regrets in the succeeding years after that. A friend once told me, you can only go forward or backwards in your life. For me, I am constantly choosing to keep moving forward.
            Ten years from now, I would be living alone. Not because I want to isolate myself but because I am self-sufficient. Meaning my job alone can suffice for all my needs. I need not to rely on anyone because I would be independent. I know I would have a prestigious title someday. I am almost certain that I would be a manager. I am claiming this as early as now. Also, I am certain that I would be an educator. Ten years from now, I would have inspired young children to follow their dream too, the same way I did.  But my mother would always tell me you cannot serve two masters at a time. I love both my careers but it might be hard to juggle them in the near future. I let God handle that. For me, there’s no harm in trying to follow what you really desire. Teaching is close to my heart and training people to maximize their full potential is what I do best. In the near future, whatever comes first, whether the situation and the circumstances demands that I should teach first among the less fortunate or I would be a manager first and achieve the highest attainable position, I would have no regrets. Maybe both can happen and it’s not up to me to decide but from the one above. Career-wise, I expect my life to have reached its peak. At twenty-eight years old, I must have reached at least a half of what I really want in life. There should be fulfilment in what I do and I must strive to continue to be better.
            Just like what Steve Job has said, “Your work is going to fill large part in your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” Ten years from now might be a short time for other people, but ten years for me would lead me to my road of success.



XXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment